Well this week has been fun, but I can't
really remember much. I remember that a couple days ago we had an city
wide social media campaign to counteract the silly Book of Mormon
musical. People took pictures of us all day and posted them on facebook
and it was a lot of fun. bit exhaustive though. Yesterday we tried to
get Barbra to church, but things are so crazy and their was no way it
was going to happen. She doesn't even live in St. Albert anymore, she
lives in the northern part of Edmonton city, 20 minutes outside our
area. She doesn't have a car which just makes it hard. We where able to
help her move some stuff after church though, for which she was most
grateful. She's gonna be in Calgary for the next six weeks so we'll try
to get some missionaries to her there. And guess what?? the guy who
helped her was taught by missionaries in High Prairie and he said he
wouldn't mind if we resumed teaching him here! Hopefully that yields
results.
I'll be getting a new companion in 9 days which is
exiting. Elder Allen has been a good trainer though, probably the best I
could have asked for!
If you have been on
Facebook, you probably say Elder Allen and myself studying. The topic of
my studies was Charity, which is the pure love of Christ (Moroni ch 7) I
read a German proverb that said "Charity fixes no blame: she see's only
the need, not the cause." Hyrum Smith said that "Charity is the ability
to separate a man from the things he does." Looking past what people
have done and not finding fault with others is to love as Christ does.
He doesn't want us to dwell on our sins and short comings, he wants us
to repent leave them behind, and he want us to forgive others as he
forgives each of us. I love you all so much and I'm so grateful that God
put me with such and incredible family. I'll report to you in a week!
love,
No comments:
Post a Comment