Tuesday, February 17, 2015

In the Field, Week Ten

Hello family!! Glad to here things are going well! I still cant stinking believe that Brooklyn is coming out to my mission!!!!! She's gonna be great! If she comes out in May, then she'll probably leave a transfer before I do. Crazy stuff.

Well, this email will be short, I cant think of to much to say, nor do I have time. We have been doing more service in St. Albert, especially with family day yesterday. We volunteered to run events for kids, like hockey and curling. I'll get pictures from the Zone Leaders some day and send them to you.

Not too much exiting has happened lately. Barbra is doing better and progressing. We are preparing for the Feb. 28th Social Media Event. We have a few new potential investigators to work with. I'm certainly learning a great deal about missionary work and I am preparing myself to become a more effective missionary. I am memorizing all the scripture references in Preach My Gospel and marking them in my Book of Mormon so I can use them more effectively when I teach. In just a couple weeks I'll be taking over this area and have a new companion. It's gonna be a transition but I'll be prepared for it. 

Missionary work is really all about love. We love the people we find and we interrupt their lives and love them until they get baptized. We continue to support them and be always worthy of the respect of those we bring into the Gospel. The Lord often times compares the work of spreading the Gospel to  cultivating the growth of a seed. It is a lengthy process, and the results are never seen immediately. For this reason the Lord exhorted the apostles, the first of his evangelists, saying "In your patience possess ye your souls." This is the the Lord's work. It doesn't matter if we are sowing the seeds of the gospel in the hearts of those we teach and come in contact with, or reaping that which has been sown. What matters is that we did our part and served with all our might mind and strength. I love you all, and will see you again when I finish my course. 


Love 
Elder Higginson

No comments:

Post a Comment