Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Week 16 (I think)

Well hello from Canada!
Seems like a lot of good things are happening back home! Davis Going to Indianapolis, and Jacob going to Las Vegas!! I'm so exited for those punks!

Well, things are definitely going better in Nottingham. I've been really working on cultivating a good relationship with my comp. And he is changing for the better. Little by little anyway. He still doesn't get out of bed in the morning and he gets all grouchy when I try to get him to work, but he's getting easier to work with. The work is so much more enjoyable when you are unified with your companion. The lord is beginning to pour out blessings upon us here. We have found a couple more people who will receive us, and we have a referral to contact tomorrow from Germany. This is good because my companion speaks a good bit of German and some members in the ward are friends with him. We'll see how it goes!

My anxiety is going back down to normal levels and I have been feeling an increase of strength from the Lord. I have put a number of old conference talks on my flash drive and I have noticed a recurring theme throughout, and that is the necessity of revelation. Every member of the church is entitled to receive revelation and should seek diligently to receive it (Bruce R. MCconkie). Revelation is necessary for exaltation and understanding the nature of God and our relationship with him. Joseph Smith said that "a man could learn more about the things of God by looking into heaven for five minutes than by reading all the books ever written upon the subject of religion." I have been trying to learn more of the Lord's heart and of His plan for me as I approach Him in prayer. I think about the people in my area and the resources available to me, and then I come to the Lord in prayer and ask for specific instruction. He does not always answer, and rarely immediately, but I know that I have received promptings from the Lord in regards to how the direction of the work must go.

I have also got ahold of the Truman G. Madsen discourses on Joseph Smith. It has put fire in my soul and a deep and abiding love for the prophet of the restoration in my heart. Thank you to the Duvals for introducing me to them :) I love you all so much, and know that I am doing well in the mission field, physically and temporally. 

Love,
Elder Higginson

No comments:

Post a Comment