Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Transfered

Greetings family!

So you know how I told you I would be going to Cherry Grove and serving with an Elder Who looks like Nick Cage? Well President Manion called me over just before transfer meeting and informed me that I would be going to Nottingham with a fellow by the name of Elder Parker instead. 

Well, their isn't much going on in my new area, and a lot of new adjustments. I've been working really hard to clean this place up over the last couple days. The ward here is really good and the mission leader has been taking initiative to get the members involved in the work. I'm trying really hard too. The Lord wants me to learn something here. I am praying more earnestly and studying more diligently and trying to become the best missionary I can be. It's been a really stressful couple days, and I fear there will be a lot of stress in the future, but I know that as I trust in the lord and cease to dwell on my own short comings and look for good in others, that the Lord will make something more of me. Jesus said that "no man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of heaven." Neal A. Maxwell said the key to being a good servant of the lord is neither looking back, nor forward, but focusing on improving now, little by little and not dwelling on our weaknesses. Then we become more effective instruments in the hand of the Lord.

I love you all so much and look forward to spending eternity with you. 

Love,
Elder Higginson
Dinner with Fishers and Elder Parker

St. Patrick's Day dinner with green waffles! Photos texted by Sister Fisher, a missionary mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment