Starting on Tuesday we went out to go tract a bit. We knocked three doors on a street that we had already partially knocked out a week before and we were let in by a family of First Nation people. I guess I cant use their names but we'll just call them the Littleman family. The husband has passed away last year and the wife moved out of Big Horn reserve to come live in Rocky and seek a better life. They have rejected the Native traditions because they failed to heal the father and they have all become Christians. Perfect. We taught the first lesson which was well received. When we started it was just the mom and her son, but midway through the 2 Nieces came in and began to participate in the lesson as well. We explained that some of the early traditions of the native people were Christian and we have a record of them. They were very exited about the Book of Mormon. So we asked them if they would all kneel down and offer a prayer to know if this was the truth. They obliged and I started. Afterwards, each of the members of the house prayed individually to know if the Book was true and thanked God for preserving the record and it was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had teaching the first lesson. We'll be going back this week with a member and It's gonna be awesome!
Other great news is, we taught a Filipino, who we'll just call. He is a very nice guy who came from Manila about 7 months ago. He was taught by missionaries there and so us teaching him was kind of nostalgic for him. We taught him at one of the members homes and it was really cool. We were able to really focus on him and his needs and it went wonderfully. The gift of tongues is real. at the end of the lesson we asked him that if he found the things to be true, would he be baptized. He said yes. So we knelt and prayed there to ask God if the things were true. He wasn't totally comfortable with it at first, So I said a prayer and then let him pray. He prayed. He got an answer right there. I asked him if he would take it as a sign from God and be baptized on the 26th of March. He said yes! So we will be working with him towards that date. I'm not sure he'll be totally ready, but we have a date to work towards which is awesome.
We've been really blessed this week and all the prayers that this area would blossom are being fulfilled finally. It's taken a lot of patience and hard work and I've had to accept that perhaps I won't baptize anyone while I'm here. But I've accepted that, and the Lord has revealed to me that my work in this place has not been in vain. And finally come the multitude of blessings. We have thrusted in our sickle's and behold the number of our sheaves! My prayer is now that these sheaves may be "gathered into the garners, that they are not wasted." Alma 26:5
Pray for us and for those we teach! We are looking at another good week, with many appointments set up in advance. The members are fully backing us and we expect that the member missionary effort will move forward as well as the work increases. I hope you all have a great week and remember how much the Lord loves you and wants to bless you.
With love,
Elder Higginson
No comments:
Post a Comment