It was a lovely Saturday
Morning. the sun was out, the sky was blue, the temperature was mild
and we were ready to go. I got into the car, but after having closed the
door I heard Glass shattering. I looked behind me to see a gaping
jagged hole in the back window of our car! Not ok! so we talked with the
Manager and called the Police and the Vehicle Coordinator and then we
took it down to the GM to get a quote for the back window. They're
shipping it in so for the next few days it will be a bit drafty in the
Equinox. We cleaned all the glass out of the back seat at the church and
some members offered for us to come over and use some of there tape to
patch the back. So we did that and it's holding. It flaps in the wind a
bit when we get going and it's annoying but it's holding. Also we have
to be careful when we close doors because the pressure change makes the
makeshift thing want to blow off. I'll send a picture separate. We
aren't sure if we were targeted or not but this sort of thing is known
to happen around here. The Vehicle Coordinator told us to call it in as a
hate crime hahaha.
So we have 1 hour a week to go on mormon.org
and familiarize ourselves with the site and do additional study. I
found a page about missionaries who served between 1830 - 1930. A lot of
information was available for a lot of people and I happened across a
William Thomas Higginson Born November 1st, 1835. It says he left Idaho
to serve in the Norther States Mission and that he was set apart by
Heber J. Grant. I found also two of his sons who served, a Charles
Albert Higginson and Robert Henderson Higginson. I'm assuming this was
the W.T. of Higginson Family fame haha? I can't say I remember too much
about him except for that he was short in stature and bemoaned the fact
that his wives would gang up on him when there was an argument haha. Any
cool stories anyone else knows?? send them to me next week.
I've
had an ambition to preach a sermon out in the mountain town of Nordegg
for a while now. From what my last companion heard, the cozy little
chapel up there was non-denominational and we could arrange to preach a
sermon if we played our cards right. Well I called the main preacher and
he wasn't too keen on me coming up and doing that. I'll keep working on
him though. The ward mission leader says if I could get in, he'd
arrange for a dozen members or so to come out and attend. We have
investigators in the Near by Indian reserve who we want to get to church
and it would be cool to have other people as well. Sounds crazy but I'd
be sure pleased if we could work anything out.
Our
investigator who has Cancer made good on her promise and made it out to
church this last Sunday! And to our astonishment she lasted the whole 3
hours! she was afeared previously that she would only have the stamina
for an hour. She really seemed to enjoy herself and we enjoyed having
her there. Many of the ward members reached out to make her feel welcome
and it was a good experience.
We got in with a former investigator Sunday
night. Valentines day so naturally he was drunk. He's a scholarly sort
of person, though he doesn't look it. He kind of wanted to bash, but he
is really fun to talk to haha. He's read a lot of the Bible and
Apocrapha and the whole Book of Mormon, which he struggles with
intellectually. He gave me a nice little copy of the KJV bible, words of
Jesus in Red. "the Mormons have given me like 5 copies of the Book of
Mormon so I figured it was time I gave something back." It's a nice
little copy actually.
Well, I hope you all have
a grand week! So sorry to hear that Justice Scalia passed away. He will
be missed. oh yea, also we talked to some members about taking us to
Jasper in the next few weeks. Should be great!
Love,
Elder Higginson
Church in Nordegg
No comments:
Post a Comment