Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Abide With Me

Greetings from Canada!

Well, I really have no time to email to day for some reason, so this will be really short.

I am super exited to have a niece and I'm glad that everything worked out ok! What a great thing and I'm exited to meet Grace when I return. All is well!

I'd just like to share a little experience I had this week. 
We found a man last week who was interested in hearing the gospel. He lived in a different part of town, but he gave us his address so we stopped by. He wasn't home but his brother was and he was also interested in sitting down with us. It's not very often it seems up here, that we actually find multiple people in the same house who are interested in the gospel so we were pleasantly surprised. But when we returned last night, we ran into their mother, who evidently practices witch craft. She was very rude and kept yelling at us to leave. I was fuming mad about it afterwards and was really mad at the crazy wench. I don't particularly like it when people stand in front of the agency of others who might accept the gospel. But I decided to say a little prayer and thanked God for the great blessings in my life and asked God to prepare a way for us to make contact with the man we had first talked to. After I prayed I felt peace and then was prompted to drive to the other side of town, towards the house where we first met the man who was initially interested in learning about the church. We drove by and saw him sitting on the porch so we came up and talked to him again and introduced him to the Book of Mormon. He accepted the copy and said he would read. 

I know that God answers prayers and if we are doing what we are suppose to be doing, God will prepare means for us to have good success. 

Love, 
Elder Higginson

No comments:

Post a Comment