Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Deep in the Rockies!

Howdy do all! I'm getting tired of starting off all these emails the same way. We had a good week and stayed very busy. We were able to meet with a good number of investigators, but a lot of them are still very busy. I felt accomplished though and it was nice having a lot of things to do and a lot of appointments set up.

Anybody remember those animals we helped skin and gut before? They taste pretty good! The less active guy slow cooked some mutton for 3 days. It was so tender that it was nearly falling off the bone. Yum. He gave some for the road for our help. Packaged Goat chops and stew, and  some lamb chops. Oh boy! 

We saw an interesting miracle in our area this week. There was a lady in our area book (By the way, the reason I don't give names out is because it's a violation of Canadian internet privacy laws.) who had evidently had a crisis of faith for most of her life. She had been taught in Alaska many years prior and the missionaries here 2 years ago found and taught her. She didn't have a belief in Jesus and only a mere belief in some sort of Creator. But when we happened upon her she told us in the last year she had been diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer and had needed to have her femur removed after the cancer spread. She said in that experience God spoke to her and she felt at peace and not alone. She has since decided to devote her life to serving God. She believes Joseph Smith is a true prophet and also that the Book of Mormon is true. Super strange hearing that from someone on the first lesson but I'll take it. She is just a bit frail and doesn't have the stamina she once had. She wants to come to church though, at least for the first hour. We have got in touch with members who were her fellowshippers before and they are happy to help. I hope I have some good things to report next week! I think this is a good example of no effort being wasted. Missionaries planted seeds like 13 years ago and resolved many of the concerns this woman had. Other missionaries helped get her fellowship 2 years ago. Now she is a lot more prepared to receive the gospel. I think Doctrine & Covenants 64:33 is applicable I think: Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.


I hope you all have a wonderful week! Keep me updated with Michael and Michaelas Baby! 

Love, 
Elder Higginson
 
So the bubbles at Abraham Lake are a real thing. Got a selfie with
them to prove it.
 Bubbles get trapped beneath the ice in the lake and freeze in layers. It looks really awesome. Famous place for photographers to go.


Deep in the Rockies with Elder Jensen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment