Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The power of Godliness

We had a pretty good week out here! And It looks like this week is just going to be better! We were finally able to set up a lot of our appointments for the week last Friday and Saturday, so it makes it a lot easier to coordinate with the members so they can come out with us.

We tracted into a lady named Shylynn a couple weeks ago and we taught her this week. She was very nice and wondered what it was we were talking to people about. We shared the message of the restoration and I think it had a real impact on her. She agreed to read the entire Book of Mormon and to ask God if it was true. She also said she would be baptized if she found it to be true and she would have made it to church with her daughters if she hadn't got called into work! Ohh, everything always goes wrong Sunday morning for people. But anyway, we are really excited about her. She said she feels like she is half way there already and already has faith in God, she just needs to find a church. Almost sounds too good to be true. I feel like every time I find someone like this, they disappear or something happens and they don't want to do it anymore. But I hope and pray it will be different this time.

We taught a Filipino last night named William. The missionaries taught him before, but he disappeared for a long while. But he's back so we were able to meet and bring Jeff Mahea; a young Filipino from the ward. It was great and even though I haven't been immersed in the the language much lately, the gift of tongues came through and things were brought to my remembrance. It felt really good. The lesson went well and he does have some concerns but he also has a lot of faith. He agreed to read the Book of Mormon and ask God about it. 

I have really been preparing myself this week, to serve with all my might, mind and strength. I have covenanted with God to focus all my energy and thoughts on the work and to be totally obedient. Sometimes it is easy to become weary of well doing and even though I'm working and doing what I'm suppose to, I feel as though I'm exercising the forms without the power. Discipleship is something that requires constant introspection of ones self. So I will try to gain the full power of my calling. I've seen some evidence of it over the last month or so. So I'll keep trying.

I hope everyone has a good week! thank you for all the emails last week and I'm glad you enjoyed my letters! 

Love,  
Elder Higginson

No comments:

Post a Comment