Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Tagalog Ministry of Elder Higginson has come to a close.

Well, my short time here in Coronation Park is over! I will now finally be going outlying. I'm off to Rocky Mountain House in the southern part of the mission. I've heard great things about the place and one of my first Zone Leaders served there for a time. I look forward to this opportunity to serve.

My Good friend Elder Walker has finished his tour of duty as the Assistant to the President and he is going to replace me as Tagalog, serving in the Bonny Doon Stake. He gave me all of my Tagalog study material so I'll be getting it back to him at transfers. In hindsight I wish that I would have taken advantage of the assignment to serve in the language capacity with greater enthusiasm earlier. It took me a while to get used to the idea and I didn't realize what a privilege it was until I was removed. I have come to love the language and the people so much. However, I will not make the mistake of being bummed about no longer being Tagalog. I have set a goal to accept whatever assignment I receive with enthusiasm from now on. It will just make things better.

Elder Collins has been a good companion for the last two weeks. He's got a good heart and I anticipate he will do well as a missionary. He's going to be training this transfer haha. 

The work in this ward has been super cool! We did a sweet fireside under the direction of the ward mission leader about the book of Mormon. We did a musical number and the focus was on a video put together of all the members sharing insight and testimony from the Book of Mormon. It was so well put together by the ward mission leader. He is just like Uncle Bob actually haha. He's tech savy, makes movies and has a very similar personality. 

I hope you all are doing fine! The Temple looks awesome! I'll give you updates when I get to my new area! 

Love, 
Elder Higginson

No comments:

Post a Comment