Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Waiting in limbo

It snowed for the First time two days ago. Here we go again!

I've been a little depressed since I got here. Going from a sweet area with tons of great members and Investigators to a run-down part of town with one 9-year old investigator is quite the disheartening transition.  Nothing too much to worry about though, because I've kind-of figured out how to deal with it. The solution is to work. Cutting down Lunch time and trying to stay effective with proselyting hours. Guess what?? there's a lot less time to be depressed :) My companion was a little sluggish at first but he's taking to the new routine with enthusiasm. He's been out for 4 months or so and has a lot of energy. Maybe too much. So I'll see what I can do to help him for as long as I'm with him. I expect he'll turn out to be a fine missionary.

I am going to try and do as much as I can in this area before I leave. We have found a few people who have said we could come back and one lady said she'd come to church. We have a car for a week and then we are on buses for the other half, so we get to talk to a lot of people as we are out and about. I still have the habit of gravitating towards Filipino's hahaha. They are just so nice and fun to talk to. Most of them are fine with meeting, they are just super busy. I've found 3 since I've been here that have given me there address and telephone number so I've passed that on to the Tagalog Elders. 

I am still continuing to study Tagalog in my spare time at the end of the day.  I hope I can continue to study and improve my abilities. I've come way to far to quit. Maybe when President Manion leaves I'll swing a deal with the new president to put me back in haha.

The Alberta Air Museum is walking distance from our apartment so we will be going today! That should be a dream. I'll let you know what's happening next week as far as transfers go. Love you all tons and hope you are enjoying life! 

Love, 
Elder Higginson

No comments:

Post a Comment