Happy 12th birthday Dallin! You are such a great brother and I hope you had a great birthday!
Thank you Grandmother for the package and the new music! It's perfect :)
and thank you all for the other package you sent. I was so thankful for it all.
Well,
there has been a lot that has happened this week. Everything kind of
went south beginning on Halloween. One of the Elders in the district told
my comp that he was having trouble with his companion and he needed to
do an overnight exchange. I didn't trust any of it. It seemed like he
just wanted to go party on Halloween with my companion. Nothing was
adding up. After we exchanged I felt like they were trying to trick me
so I called the Zone Leaders to tell them I was suspicious. Some
miscommunication happened and President called them. They got in trouble
for some disobedience (not as bad as I thought it was). Basically they
both hated me after that. A couple days later I called President and
told him I was done. So president made a decision.
We
both got removed from the area and I am in a place called coronation
park, right in the middle of Edmonton. It is anticipated that I will be
back as an English missionary for good. This is not what I wanted. I
really was starting to get the language. President thinks it is causing
me too much stress. Which it's really not anymore. There were a number
of Filipinos that I had been hoping to serve with. I wanted to become
fluent. Transfers will be in two weeks. I have no idea what will
happen.
Nevertheless, I will have faith. I am
super sad to leave Tagalog. Never thought I would have said that even 2
months ago. I think I will continue to study the language in my spare
time. I know that as we choose to have faith in the Lord He will
strengthen us and give us power to adapts to difficult situations. I
have done it once and I will do it again. I am thankful for the many
prayers that have been given on my behalf back home and elsewhere. I
hope you are all doing well! I will continue to adjust.
Love,
Elder Higginson
No comments:
Post a Comment