Hello everyone! We had a decent week in the work of the ministry and we worked really hard!
But first, an update on my Tooth:
I
went into the Dentist on Thursday morning and he was super cool. He
fixed the tooth up quick and didn't charge me a cent. I thanked him the
best I could with a numb face and went my way into the highways and the
hedges. It looks great great and I'm back in action!
We
found a neat little Filipino family last week and we were able to teach
them this week! The fathers name is Donde and the mother's name is
Bless. Two girls: Alisa and Alisel. We had a great Lesson one and I was
able to speak a little Tagalog! They were a little hesitant about being
baptized but they seem interested and we got them two copies of Ang
Anklat ni Mormon: one in English and the other sa Tagalog. Hopefully
they will be able to attend church, but they will be out of town for a
week. We have also been teaching another lady named Sister Nene who
speaks hardly any English. She has been attending church for the last
two weeks but she doesn't seem to understand much. It's kind of a lame
deal. She hasn't been reading from the Book of Mormon either but she
really likes us. We will continue to diagnose the situation and if she
wont keep commitments we will drop her.
Brother Christian
is our awesome investigator and we will be inviting him to be baptized
this Wednesday! He's been progressing pretty quick, though we were not
able to meet with him this week. However he did attend church. But now
we have a problem: for some unknown reason the Singles Ward we are
attending with him will be moved to
1:00 P.M. in a different building. Our investigator has work at
12:00
on sundays, so I don't know how this is going to work. Not super happy
about it though. I still think he will be baptized but he needs to
attend church in order to stay rooted in the pananampalataya. That word
means faith. Tagalog is crazy sometimes.
Ako at ang Kasama ko ay ayos lang.
(Me and the companion mine are doing fine.)
Elder
Pring is a funny Elder with a happy disposition and a good feel for the
missionary work here. He's a little slow in the morning but he has an
obedient spirit. He was trained by a less than obedient missionary, So
Elder Walker (his last comp.) and myself and really been getting him all
figured out. It's not his fault, he didn't even speak hardly any
English when he got here. But now that he knows all the rules he is
determined to obey them. He is a humble servant of the Lord. Well I've
written plenty. I love you all tons and I am loving this opportunity to
serve the Lord.
love,
Elder Higginson
Elder Pring
No comments:
Post a Comment