Hello everyone! I am pleased to report that We had a
great week! Ako at ang kasama ko ay pumupunta mitigas sa pintura. (I
and the companion mine are going hard in the paint... hahahaha)
We
were able to meet with our primary investigator, Brother Christian this
week and he agreed to be baptized!!!!!! He says he's ready and that he
has gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon! He said that "every time I
open the book, I get exited." It's the coolest thing. We have hit a
small snag in the fact that we found he has been attending the wrong
singles ward and all his friends that he has made are attending the
other ward. And that ward for some inexplicable reason just changed it's
time to 1:00 P.M. which interferes with Christians Trabajo. So we've got some serious work to do. His baptismal date is the 29 of August.Lastly, we went to the heritage days festival in the middle of Edmonton Yesterday to do service. I was on my feet for 7 1/2 hours with a bunch of other missionaries. We just collected money for the food bank at the bus stop area, and told people where to go. It's kind of satisfying when you can actually apply language skills! If I'd see a Filipino family that looked confused I'd just ask "Kailangan mo ba ng tulong? (basically, do you need any help?) And then a big old smile spreads across their face and they ask who taught me Tagalog. "ang kiabigan ko doon!" -My friend over there! And then I'd give them some basic directions in Tagalog or as much Tagalog as I could. It was cool. We got to check out the event briefly as well. Everybody comes to represent their culture and sell food and trinkets and do performances. We were given some tickets for our service and I used it to get some curry chicken, rice and egg rolls. I got some free roasted banana from the Filipino Tent, which was surprisingly really good! And some barbequed pig snout. I'll attach some pictures. Anyway, it was a good week in the work of the ministry. I'm getting a better hold on the language and I'm having a good time and working hard. Love you all tons!!
love, Elder Higginson



No comments:
Post a Comment