Hello everyone! It was so good to get emails from you last week, it was nice to hear how things are going in your lives!
This
week was pretty dang great. We exceeded our goals for lessons taught
and we have a couple investigators who are progressing along nicely! We
had TWO INVESTIGATORS AT CHURCH!! this is a new record for me on my
mission! Our investigator Christian came to the YSA ward and our
investigator Sister Nene came to our home base ward in Meadows. It was a
crazy
Sunday, driving between meetings to be with our investigators, but it was very satisfying.
Most
of the people we were working with when I got here were crazy and not
progressing by any stretch of the imagination, or they were to busy to
keep commitments. But we are separating the wheat from the tares and we
have now got some more solid people to work with. We have taught Brother
Christian two lessons so far and he has attended church twice. He has
also read about half of the first book of Nephi, which is pretty sweet.
He's in his early twenties and lives here in Edmonton with his aunt. He
called us
Saturday
night and asked (roughly translated) "is it ok if I wear a white shirt
and tie (to church) even though I am not yet a member?" I don't think
I've ever been so touched by a single text message! I think he is
planning on getting baptized and he's progressing really well. Normally
with Filipinos we are only able to teach the first half of lesson 2
(the plan of salvation) to investigators because most of them have crazy
questions or have had the sectarian notion of Heaven - Hell dualism
pounded so deeply into their minds that it is not possible to get all of
the lesson taught in one visit. But with Christian, we were able to
overcome those concerns without tremendous difficulty and help him
understand God's purpose and plan for his children. We were able to
complete the whole lesson and it was awesome! He had a question about
what happen to his mom when she died 10 years ago. We taught him about
the spirit world, which is a place of happiness and rest from the cares
of the world. Elder Prings mother also passed away 10 years ago and he
was able to tell of his conversion and how this principle was what
really led him to joining the church. Both of the lessons we have had
with Brother Christian have been awesome and we are all so blessed!!
The
bottom of my front, right tooth got chipped off yesterday, which was
unfortunate. Not too painful though thankfully. To temporarily remedy
this, I have put the chipped off part back in its place and then put in
my retainer, so it looks normal for now. Things could be worse. I hope
you all have a wonderful
and Happy birthday to my wonderful sister Michaela! And congratulations
to Mckay on his mission call; he will be a blessing to the missionary
force.
No comments:
Post a Comment