With everything rapping up here and flight plans coming in, It would appear that I'm almost done with this chapter of my life. It doesn't feel like I've been out here for the whole two years. It feels like I went home somewhere in the middle. Not sure why. It was so long ago that I started my mission with Elder Allen in St. Albert, yet the last year has just gone by so fast! I don't know how to explain it. It's been a good run, it really has.
I was with my old friend, Elder Beutler, on exchanges last Thursday. He was one of my companions in the MTC and we get along swell. On our exchange we did two hours of contacting on the infamous 118 ave. -the southern border of the North Edmonton Stake, and we talked with tons of people. It was cool, seeing that both of us were a bit apprehensive about talking with people towards the start of our missions. Now here we were at the end, just tearing it up, finding all sorts of people. That next morning in companionship study we went into the Book of Mormon, into Alma 26 and read together.
30 And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some.
31 Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us.
As we reflected upon our missions, we could truly say that we had had a similar experience. The kind of experience that only a faithful missionary truly knows. I have entered into the homes of these people and I have taught them. From the streets of Edmonton to the Rocky Mountains and from the hills of Sherwood Park to the forests of central Alberta - I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. I have come to know of a surety that God works through those whom he has called. Through his Son, we may find forgiveness and peace. And through his plan, we may indeed find happiness and exquisite joy, together as families. And this is the testimony which is in me. And I make an end.
Elder Lincoln James Higginson
No comments:
Post a Comment