Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Fight the Good Fight

Greetings from the wicked North.

First off, thank you for all of your prayers and for putting my name in the temple. I'm certain that I'm getting a great deal of strength beyond my own to deal with the garbage that I have to deal with on a daily basis. Honestly, things are getting better. He's starting to conform, albeit some what grudgingly. Just an observation. I've noticed a direct correlation between a missionaries cleanliness and their overall caliber as a missionary. So be cleanly folks. 

I've been finding ways to be more charitable towards my companion. Charity is something that is easy to have for our friends and those who choose righteousness over wickedness. It's less easy to have charity for them that disgust us. But that's what it takes. On Saturday morning we got up and I could tell the comp. wasn't in a good mood. He's usually not in the mornings. So I went on as usual and began to make breakfast while he was in the shower. I had thought about doing my customary 'make breakfast for your companion because that's the best way I know how to serve him" but I shrugged it off. I was behind and he was irritating me anyway.  I was about halfway done making my french toast when I received a direct prompting to make some for Elder Henry. So I did. Got it all ready and out on the table. He was appreciative and it totally changed the whole day I think. He actually participated fully in Companionship study and we had a merry go of it. After serving him I was also able to look past more of his little failings that affect me. It was just an all around good thing. Sure, there is a heck of a long way to go, but I've at least learned one thing and I hope Elder Henry has learned something too. 

We had ZTM on Thursday and I didn't realize that it was my last one. Elder Beutler, Myself and Sister Aldrige all gave our departing testimonies. The time is coming faster than I realized. Which is good, get me out of here! ðŸ¤— I would be rather sad to be leaving the field so soon, if it were like it was in the good old days. But this last experience is how I'll sever myself from the work. Sure, I'll make sure to be a good member missionary when I'm home and maybe a senior missionary with my wife some day but this kind of gig is getting old. Forgive me for my pessimism. I will not however, shorten my stride in these last weeks. 

So you'll think this is interesting. Sister Van Vleet and her companion, Sister Hempworth found a Filipino woman and began teaching her and we were able to come and teach with them last week! Except Sister Van Vleet was on exchanges out in Drayten Valley. But we'll be teaching this woman again tomorrow with them. She's a really nice lady who just came to Canada within the last couple months. It's always fun to see old friends as well. Sister Van Vleet still has that greenie fire! or at least that's what she's claiming. She's pretty trunky if you ask me haha. Still doing good work though.

I hope that you all have a wonderful week! Mother says that the weather is getting cold. Surely there will be snow by the time I'm down there. :)

Love 

Elder Higginson

No comments:

Post a Comment