This week was pretty good. I honestly don't remember a lot of specifics right now. All I know is that we've been pounding the pavement from morn until eve. We are teaching an increasing number of lessons. We are also finding more new investigators. No, things still aren't perfect but they're getting better over all.
I got my travel plans this last week and my 2 week letter came today. I'll have my exit interview with President next week on Wednesday.
Sister Van Vleet has been doing more good work with her companion in Belmead! We taught another lesson to the Filipino lady that they found and we were able to support her, even though she's going through some serious trials. Man, why are sister missionaries always hugging investigators!? It's all good though--they seem to have a bond with this lady. After we taught the lesson, we got a selfie with Sister Van Vleet and went to go contact some potentials near the West Edmonton Mall. After experiencing no success, I decided we should go knock out a few complexes before heading back. At the 4th door we go in with a lady named Rhonda. She was really nice and had met with missionaries in her younger years. She remembered about Joseph Smith and she was really receptive to the message. Before we could even ask for referrals, she told us her daughter had been looking for a church. We'll be passing them over to the sisters tomorrow hopefully! Choosing to use time wisely always seems to yield the most blessings.
Here's a funny story. We had to do splits because we had two teaching appointments scheduled for the same time. So I took Elder Thomas, a wonderful and very new missionary out to teach. Unfortunately the person no-showed, which isn't really uncommon, so we decided to do a little tracting. after a couple doors we go up to this house and there is a package on the door step. We were joking about posing as the delivery guys and giving it to him but we didn't. The fellow inside was east Indian. Not interested, but friendly. as we were preparing to leave we mentioned the package and he was like "It's from the church. The previous owner here must have ordered it. I sent it back, but it keeps coming here. I think it's bibles or something. You can take it." Being highly skeptical that the parcel was from our church, we kind of laughed and then checked the label. Sure enough,
The Church of
Jesus Christ
of Latter Day Saints
Teachings of Gordon B. Hinkley
40 manuals.
I started to laugh, then Elder Thomas started to laugh. Then our friend in the house started to laugh. So we asked to for referrals and took the parcel with us. Just another day in the work of the ministry.
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! We will be having an American Thanksgiving after District meeting on Thursday. We're in charge of Stuffing and Soda. We'll also be bringing some Balute. I got some from the Filipino Store. What's thanksgiving without a few boiled duck embryos? We'll see how it goes!
Love,
Elder Higginson
No comments:
Post a Comment