Hello everyone!
I don't have a lot
of time to write this week, but I want you all to know that I'm doing
fine. I'm working hard and we are starting to see progress. I am
learning the language a little better, though I still can't really speak
it. I'll be patient.
I've been in this assignment for a
whole transfer can you believe it?? The last month and a half has just
flown by! And I'm not even sure what we really accomplished! That's
horrible! Thank goodness last week we got a new investigator who wasn't
totally crazy or too busy to keep commitments. His name is Christian and
he has some great member friends. We were able to teach him the first
lesson in a members home this week, with two members present, both of
whom speak Tagalog fluently. The spirit was there as well and it was
great! he was also able to make it to church this week so things are
moving along swimmingly.
Elder Jennings is going home in a
couple of days which makes me sad. He and his new comp. have found a
solid family to teach through tracting and he says that they are
progressing really well! AHHH I wish that I could teach a family!! Good
for him though, he has earned the success.
I've been
making some slow progress in the language and I am starting to
comprehend more when people speak. Reading from the Anklat Ni Mormon is
helping as well. I will keep working in this capacity and try to be as
obedient and diligent as I can. I am confident that he will bless me as I
strive to perfect myself.
as I was reflecting today I
got some satisfaction out of realizing how much I've improved myself
over the last 3 months. I've experienced perhaps what could be described
as a change of heart. What happened to me that is causing me to spend
nearly every spare minute of my time in learning the language or
cleaning or doing something productive!?!? I don't know how it happened
but I have no more desire to do video games or to dabble away my time in
idle thoughts or sleep. This gives me confidence that perhaps I will be
able to succeed in College and latter on after all haha! But it's gonna
take work! I love you all and I hope you are coping with the challenges
of life and having a good time. Don't just survive - Thrive!
love,
Elder Higginson
No comments:
Post a Comment