The work of the ministry progresses steadily up here in Slave Lake. We have been able to do some good quality work and many of our investigators are making progress. Firstly, Blake and the fam. We have really been pushing for them to read the scriptures together as a family each evening and say family prayer. I can say it really made a difference in our house and I know it will help these people. They moved across town this Friday and Saturday and we offered to help out. We did a few trips, got the couches out and the Parks came over to shampoo the carpets off the old place and help with additional cleaning. They were totally out of the old house and into the new in just a couple days! And the new place is much nicer. They will be here for a few years most likely and they are planning on buying the place. And the best part? It's like two minutes from the church. Sunday morning, Blake, Bev, and two of there sons came to church! and about an hour ago, Bev called us and invited us over for supper and to a family gathering. We've been doing our best to reach out to her and make her feel comfortable and she's responding. Sister Park was able to have a good visit with her and She is on board to be baptized. But the marriage might not take place until September or maybe even later. I've waited so long, but I don't think I'll be around for the baptisms. But that is ok. As long as it happens, I've done my part.
A cool experience from the other day. We were coming down the elevator with some other folks including an older, rough looking gentleman with a beard, ear ring and a large tattoo on his arm. We'd talked to him in the hallway a bit and he was nice. We started chatting with him as we made our way to the Parks, on the first floor. Just after President Park opened the door, the man told us he was actually a member of the church, who had held the Melchizedek priesthood, but because he moved up to Red Earth, far from any chapels for 20 years, he had not had contact with the church hardly and had kind of lost his way. He told us he'd been thinking of coming back and getting active again! I asked if he'd like to meet but he wasn't ready for that yet haha. But he'll keep thinking about it he says. The Parks actually park next to this fellow in the parking lot and they have talked with him a bit over the last year but he had never divulged that he was a member. I really hope he decides to come back, we could use him in the branch!
The work really is delightful out here and there are many great miracles yet to come. Spiritually I have been down on myself lately and overly self critical. I've worked hard to overcome such feeling but they keep coming back. Today I feel cause to lift up my head and rejoice. God loves each of us and we are that we might overcome sin and have joy. My love to each of you and enjoy the festivities.
Sincerely
Elder Higginson
No comments:
Post a Comment