We've had some good success
this week! Investigators are coming out of the woodwork and Old ones
are coming back to us! I'll just share a few highlights.
Firstly,
the Temple was great. We got to stay overnight at the mission
president's house with his son and wife. Wonderfully hospitable people.
The youngster, Jacob has a lot of Nerf Guns. He likes to bring them out
when the missionaries come. Didn't get a chance this time though.
Interviews with the mission president are always a good thing. Longest
one I've ever had, clocking in at about 35 minutes. President Pattison
is a good guy with a good sense of what we need to do in the work. I've
been working the Tagalog angle with him pretty hard haha. I think he
might put me back in Language work for the remainder. But who knows.
We
had a great visit with Lyle up in Wabasca this week. We are just
starting to reteach him the missionary discussion after baptism,
starting exactly 5 months to the day from when he was first taught. Now
here is the cool part: he is working on one of his friends from Hockey,
who has recently found out that he will be a father. He want's to
straighten out his life and he approached Lyle about it. Lyle told him
it wouldn't be easy and he'd have to come to church and take the
discussion but he reported that this fellow is sincere and agreed to do
it. Lyle is an A-1 Style boss. He set us up an appointment for this
Friday and he'll be making us supper as well! We really couldn't be more
blessed.
We have been teaching the Fam
regularly and we finished teaching them about the Life of Jesus this
week, from the Mount of Transfiguration to the Ascension.
The
spirit was really strong and the kids were under control so It was
great. One of Bev's daughters, Rita told us at the end that she feels
different when we come share messages with them and she feels like it's
time to start again to make the necessary changes in her life. Similar
thoughts from Dusty, another of Bev's daughters. "It would be a good
thing for Noah to grow up in." Noah is such a great kid haha. So we will
be teaching the lessons to the girls starting this week and
recommitting them to baptism.
The highlight of
the week was when we were greeting people at the church and we see
Little Noah outside the doors in his white shirt, slacks and tie! We
were so happy to see him! He was followed by Blake, Bev, Stevo, Blake's
granddaughter, Rita and Ezra, Rita's 11-month-old baby. Them plus, Len,
Seth and Kevin made for 10 non-members at church and 7 of them
technically investigators! Booyaa! It was so great to have that many
people at church.
Well, I've gotta run, but I
love all of you and I look forward to hearing from you next week! Oh
yea, I got my trunky call last Thursday at 11:43 A.M. Looks like I'll be flying into Boise International airport come December. :)
Love,
Elder Higginson
No comments:
Post a Comment