Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Hit the ground running!

Happy May 17 everyone! I really don't know how to start an email, and will apologize now for extreme repetitiveness in the past and probably in the future. We kicked off the first week of the transfer by exceeding the standard of excellence and teaching 13 lessons in a week. Lots of folks progressing and coming to church!  Lyle is still on track for baptism on the 28th of June and the family is coming along. We found 3 new people to teach as well. 


So I found out that the missionary I trained is serving with the Elder I replaced here in Slave Lake! So he will be in my zone and I'll see him again soon! He had a bit of a rough go of it for the last six weeks down in Rocky Mountain House. So now he's up in the City with a real good companion. Elder Hunsaker and I expect good things from them.

Our investigator Len, is 69 years old and from Plymouth England. He is such a wonderful fellow and is SO CLOSE to getting baptized. We were able to teach him with a recent convert present and he was such a great help to us. We taught about the importance of scripture study and prayer in receiving a confirmation about the truth of the church and Book of Mormon. We focused on asking inspired questions as the lesson progressed to try to find out his concern and we did. The Englishman still loves his tea! So we'll keep working on that. But the cool part of the lesson was when our recent convert asked him if he believed the Book of Mormon was true. He stopped for a moment and answered that he did believe it was true! He came to church the next day and He's moving right along. 

Things are going well here in Slave Lake. We ran into a young Filipino named Mark yesterday and he let us in to teach a lesson. We taught him the restoration in mostly Tagalog (though my poor companion couldn't say much haha) and invited him to pray about the Book of Mormon. He did and had a spiritual experience. I asked him if he would take it as a sign from God and be baptized on the 28th of June. He said yes. Of course, we'll have to talk to his parents and everybody, but It was cool that he got an answer right there. Thats only happened to me one other time on my mission. We just need to be fearless and invite people to follow Jesus Christ! Some aren't ready yet, but some are just waiting to hear the pleasing word of God. What a joy it is to play a part in the conversion of others. 

I hope you all have an enjoyable week! Congratulations to Dallin for downing the Magpie! 

Love,

Elder Higginson



No comments:

Post a Comment