Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Sut Rydych Chi?

Not a bad week in the Work folks! Some highlights would include learning the Welsh National Anthem (in Welsh), getting the cops called on us while doing service, Checking out a sweet gun shop and teaching a few good people! I'll elaborate.

There is a women in our ward, about 85 years old who is from Wales. She is such a tease and full of life and we all love her to pieces. She gives us Welsh cakes from time to time and I thought I'd ask her if she had ever been to the fortress of Harlech and she loaded me up with some Welsh Folk Music and more recently she has been giving me some really old books about the rudiments of the Welsh language, so I've been learning a little in my spare time haha! I can say a few words and I know the National anthem! There is a strange letter in the alphabet that has no similarities with any in English and is listed as "ll" you put your tongue on the back of your front teach and blow out a hissing noise. Evidently I wasn't very good at first because sister Stevens told me "I'm doing it better than you and even with false teeth!" We get such a kick out of her.

In other news we were helping out one of the members who is in Edmonton for most of the week with pooling water on her back porch. Things are starting to melt and she asked us to go and use her floor-vac to suck u the water so it doesn't flood into her house. So we go over to do it and we'd been going for about 20 minutes when we see a cop coming around the corner who started talking to us. I was like "really!? somebody saw us doing service and called the cops!?" Stuuupiiid. Then another cop came from the back and they basically surrounded us. Didn't escalate from there once we gave them all our information and the number of the lady who owns the house. Just some attentive neighbors who called it in. I hope my info doesn't go anywhere and prevent me from being allowed back into Canada after my mission. 

Our recent convert who got baptized a few weeks after I got here will be getting her patriarchal blessings soon! Things have been so good for her since she joined the Church back in December. She gave a great talk and she's been doing well to fulfill her calling as the assistant gospel principals teacher. She would kind of be dressed a little inappropriately in the early stages of her membership, but a couple weeks ago she walked into the chapel in a full length skirt and totally modest! The rest of her family hasn't joined the church but they support her. I think the Patriarchal blessing will do her a lot of good at this time in her life. And she is down to come out and teach with us! We were able to meet with one of our favorite investigators this week. She has been really busy all winter but things are slowing down and we have another appointment this Thursday with her! She has so many great friends in the church and evidently she told one of them after our visit that she has a great time with us and that she was excited to meet again this week! Our Filipino man on date is still doing well and we will hopefully be able to get in touch with his family this week. 

We were able to meet with our investigator who has cancer again on Friday and we taught the plan of Salvation. We figured she had a lot of questions from when she attended church. She has a Lutheran background so things about pre-mortal existence, and the sequence of the spirit world and judgement. She calmed down a lot as we shared some scriptures with her about it though. It really was a wonderful experience. as we shared scriptures she was saying "well I be darned, there it is right there in the bible." We are sending her reminders to read from the Book of Mormon each day and we are hoping she get's an answer! 

Well that pretty much sums up our crazy week! We are establishing the church in the tops of the mountains. And God will teach us his ways and we shall walk his paths. I hope you all have a great week! 

Love,
Elder Higginson



No comments:

Post a Comment