Hello everyone! Well there have
been some ups and downs this week, but it's all working together for my
good. Things are picking up in the area again now that I am about to
leave!
Firstly, Conference was Awesome! I only missed one
talk because of drowsiness haha, which is too bad because it was Dallin
H. Oaks and he is a stud! I'll have to go back and read it. :)
The First Talk of the conference by Elder Uchtdorf was killer entitled "it works." Don't over complicate the gospel!
"Church leaders must strictly protect the Church and the gospel in its
purity and plainness and avoid putting unnecessary burdens on members."
It's
so cool that Elder Renlund is a member of the 12 now!! it was only a
few short months ago that he came to address the Bonny Doon Stake while I
was serving with Elder Jennings. He had some wonderful insights. I
believe he referred to Doctrine & Covenants as "D&C" during his
talk, which should never be done hahaha! Elder Jennings and I had a good
laugh about that one. Annndd now he's an Apostle so no more room for
error. :) He actually came to visit the non-member husband of one of the
Ward missionaries in our ward. Elder Renlund sat down with him, his
spouce and the family and finally got him accept the invitation to read
the Book of Mormon. He started coming to church regularly after that.
Elder Renlund is every wit an Apostle of God.
This week we
had exchanges. I went with my Zone Leader, Elder Barber and it was a
much needed respite. We were walking out of the Library and getting into
our car when I saw an Indian man nearby and said hello to him. He
recognized us as some sort of ministers and he wanted to sit down with
us and learn about are church, so we set up an appointment for the
following morning at
11:00 A.M.
He was right on time to our appointment (which was so nice) and we
taught him the first lesson. Elder Barber and I had prepared in the
morning to teach someone without a Christian background, but we found he
had looked into a lot of religions, born Hindu, and studied at a
Catholic School. We had a super spiritual visit and his questions were
great. He's just an honest truth seaker who is confused with so many
religions in the world. He then offered one of the most sincere prayers
I've probably ever heard and ask God if he would reveal the truth of
the Book of Mormon to him. They will have another lesson next week. I
look forward to hearing what happens!
And of course, the
big news: I am getting transferred to the North of Edmonton. The area
includes places like Ft. McMurry and Grand Prairie, which are about 5
hours North. I am looking forward to giving this my all! The Last 7
weeks have been a struggle for me, but I have repented, exercised faith,
brought forth good works and prayed continually without ceasing. I have
tread this personal wine press of the fierceness and wrath of almighty
God, and I am confident that he is pleased with my offering. I was in
need of this divine chastening.
No comments:
Post a Comment