Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Back In The North!

Hello everyone! This has been one heck of a week and I'm pleased with how things are going!
Congratulations on the completion of the amphitheater! Seems like it was quite the experience! And of course I must with Ashlynn a happy birthday! Happy birthday Blue Star! hahaha, Joke lang :) From the pictures I've been seeing, seems like everyone is growing up quite a bit! I look foreward to seeing you all in a little over a year.
So I parted ways with Elder Ronquillo last week to come up to the North Stake, Tagalog speaking. My new companions name is Elder Ortega and he's been out for about 20 months. He was one of the very first Tagalog Missionaries and he's lived in a lot of places, Starting in the Philipines and ending in Idaho. He learned most of his Tagalog in the mission field and he's really good.  He's super cool and easy to get along with. There are a lot of different people we are working with up here and things are going really well! We've already taught a ton of lessons since I've been here and we are super busy!
Sister Van Vleet is again in one of the areas we cover! She's actually sitting right behind me emailing at the St. Albert Library haha! It's good to be back to my first area again, this town is really a nice place. I'm good friends with a lot of people here already so I'll make sure they know I'm back and set up some supper appointments, which Elder Ortega is exited about :) There are a lot of good members up here.
We got a less active to church this Sunday, named Von. He's a less active young guy and is really philosophical haha. He's super nice though. Church went well except for one of the speakers passed out during his talk and the bishop and his counselors

had to catch him, and then try to revive him. It was all good afterwards though, he was fine.
Yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving so since nobody wants their door knocked on that day, we went out street contacting in down-town Edmonton with a few other sets of missionaries. There is another Missionary by the name of Elder Lincoln Berguson and he is super good at the Piano so he played on the corner and we talked to people, gave out hot chocolate and conducted a poll to find out what people are thankful for. It was really great and we passed out a lot of cards and got some peoples info. And only one guy was bashy! I'll send some pictures of the deal later on.

Anyways, I'm super happy to be serving up here. The Work is fast-paced, the people and missionareis are awesome and I'm going to dig in and learn this crazy jungle language and the giant area. Do your best and let the Lord take care of the rest, right? yea that's right.
Love,
Elder Higginson

No comments:

Post a Comment