Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Thou art not yet as Job

Hello everyone! I'll just let you know how things went this week and then move on to more pressing matters. 

We have added 7 new investigators to our teaching pool over the last two weeks! We have taught a good bit and have been implementing new ways to teach on the doorstep. We taught one Filipino, Raymond, who actually knew a good bit about the bible. It sort of caught us off guard, so we adapted and he invited us in. He actually got interested in the book of Enoch a couple weeks before we came, and was researching it, so he is not necessarily opposed to other scripture outside of the Cannon. He agreed to meet this Saturday, So we will bring the Tagalog Speaking Elders with us and transition Raymond over to them so he can be taught in his native language. 

I have really embedded myself in the work here and I've invested a lot of time into building this area up and restoring the members trust in us as dedicated, dependable servants of the Lord. The work has been good and I've enjoyed it. But it's over. We unexpectedly got a call Monday morning and I will be going to the Millwoods stake in South-East Edmonton: Tagalog Speaking. I don't know a lick of Tagalog and I was depressed all morning. I had made such great progress as a normal missionary in teaching, finding, planning and many other phase's of the work and I felt prepared that if I was called upon to train a new missionary I could do so. I was just getting confident in my teaching skills. I will now have to restart to a degree and re-enter the work in a sort of trainee capacity. Amid these thoughts and feelings of depression, Elder Jennings recommended that I pray for a conformation that my call came from the Lord. I have done so and the Lord God Omnipotent has reaffirmed to me that I am still called to the work, and that it is His will that I serve in this capacity. I also however, received the impression that this will be a refiners fire. I must walk by faith and not by sight.

 I have little else to report and I am not sure of what is ahead, So I'll just leave you with this photo of me blissfully playing a violin at a members home on the day previous to all of this craziness. I love you all.
Paalam Po.

No comments:

Post a Comment