The Field is White

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Getting used to this Tagalog missionary work

Hello everyone! It seems like a lot of good things are happening back home! Weddings, Family reunions, Temple construction ect. I hope you are all happy!
I'm getting used to this Tagalog missionary work. It's not as satisfying as standard missionary work, and I have not been making much progress in the language, but I am having a study session today with one of the assistants to the president. He was in the same position as I am now about 5 months ago. He was here just before I was and he has been a good support to me since I got this call. He provided me with Tagalog language books and a copy of Preach My Gospel.
I got my first ticket in my life this morning. $149. There is a speed trap right next to our house that goes from 60 Kilometers to 30 Kilometers but it only applies if the lights are flashing. The ticket was posted as happening about two weeks ago, when I just got here. This place has Photo Radar so there is no mercy. Pretty bummed about it.
On a more positive note, we had a baptism last Saturday. Elder Pring and Elder Walker taught a couple from the Philippines and it took about 4 1/2 months but they agreed to be baptized just before I got here so that was cool. However, due to the negligence of our ward leaders, they were not confirmed in Sacrament Meeting! I have helped to coordinate the baptism with the ward mission leader since I got here, and it all seemed squared away, but when we got to church, the Bishop and the ward mission leader were not present, and they did not tell any of their counselors that we were having a conformation! We ended up doing it after church with the bishops first counselor. Not really impressed with these people.
Anyway, I'm gonna stop stressing and just try to have fun here. I'll be obedient, work hard and try to learn the language but I have found that trying to keep everything professional and effective here is just causing me stress and frustration. President has told me that if I cant handle this after a while then he will put me back in a English Missionary capacity. But I'm determined to give this thing a shot. I would really like to learn the language and communicate it to these good people. So I will do what I can and leave the rest to the Lord. I hope you are all having a cheery and wonderful time back home! Don't worry about me, I'll figure this thing out.
love,
Elder Higginson

Posted by MarciMom at 2:53 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

MarciMom
Hi. Let me introduce myself. I am MarciMom. I’m a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am a disciple of Christ. I’m a daughter, a wife, a mom, a sister, an aunt, and now I’m a grandma! Although my kids say I don’t look a day over 29--Love those kids!--I’ve had struggles just like the best of you. Marriage struggles. Parenting struggles. Faith crisis struggles. Health struggles. Money struggles. Extended family struggles. Self-worth struggles. You know. Most of the normal life stuff. But over the last couple of years, I am learning and growing in the gospel, learning so much about Him and myself—and I’m making changes. Because you can’t change anyone else but yourself. And it has the greatest rewards when you do. I’m talking sweet joy. Because I started to discover who I really am. Because I started to discover who He really is. And then I wanted to change and become someone I was always meant to be. Someone amazing! And I found out that I already am! The future is bright. Watch. Out. World. It only gets better from here!
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ►  2016 (49)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ▼  2015 (51)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ▼  June (4)
      • Kamusta Po Kayo!
      • Getting used to this Tagalog missionary work
      • Pilgrim in an Unholy Land
      • Thou art not yet as Job
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2014 (7)
    • ►  December (7)
Awesome Inc. theme. Powered by Blogger.