Monday, January 12, 2015

Week 5

Hey everyone!
Glad to here that life is going along swimmingly back home. I am praying for Dad as well and I hope that the Lord will see fit to bless you all as I tend to the ministry wherewith I have been entrusted. I will be taking over this area in less than 7 weeks! it's crazy how time flies here. My Companion and I got a new car! Brand new 2015 Toyota Corolla. And the best part? HEATED SEATS. Apparently Our mission is one of the most expensive in the world, due in no small degree to the fact that most of us have sweet cars haha. Missionaries in Peace River, a spread out northern area, drive thousands of Kilometers a month, It's ridiculous. We try to walk around when possible, but it gets pretty spread out here as well. Our area is divided between a decent sized town, classified as North-West Edmonton, and the outlying rural stuff on the outskirts of the town. but I digress.

My Companion and I have been listening to a multitude of Talks when we drive. We came across one by  called, "Swallowed up in the will of the Father" by Neil A. Maxwell. The topic was about Consecration. When We consecrate something, we dedicate it to God. As missionaries, we ought to try to consecrate ourselves. This is no easy task as it includes not only dedicating all of our labors to the lord, but also all of our thoughts without reservation. Often times when the day is finished, I often time find myself thinking of fire arms or other trivial pursuits of earlier days. But I am realizing more and more every day that I should be devoting my whole mind to the father, that I might serve him with ALL my Mind, Might, and Strength. As Elder Maxwell noted:  
"the submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we “give,” brothers and sisters, are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us. However, when you and I finally submit ourselves, by letting our individual wills be swallowed up in God’s will, then we are really giving something to Him! It is the only possession which is truly ours to give.
Consecration thus constitutes the only unconditional surrender which is also a total victory."
I am growing in my desire to serve the Lord. I know that as I more fully dedicate my whole soul to him, that he will direct me for good. I miss you all and pray for you often. I have been so blessed to be placed in such a wonderful family! Never Change.
Love,
Elder Higginson

No comments:

Post a Comment