Wow, it' been a roller coaster of a
week! Can't remember too many details honestly. Good thing I'm keeping a
journal! It was -25 celcious (about -15 F) when we tracted on Wednesday.
Holllyyy Craaabb. Thermals and double wool socks can't keep that cold
at bay! We tracted for an hour and then warmed up in the car. It was -30
celcious on Sunday
morning. freezing. We have two teaching appointments with investigators
that we've found! Barbra, the Native American woman I told you about
earlier and Shanny, across the hall in our apartment. Our diligent
efforts are finally paying off! Barbra is really interested and has kept
in close contact with us. She was going to come to church last Sunday,
but due to the diligent efforts of Satan, she got really sick the night
before and couldn't come. But she set up an appointment with us tomorrow
herself, so I'm exited! We got to go to the Temple this morning! It was
a glorious experience and I'll send pictures next time, when I have my
camera. Our zone has a rule where if you slip on the ice at any given
time during the week, you have to buy your district Donuts. I have not
slipped yet, but my comp slipped twice within 50 steps! hahahaha.
Apparently Elder Taylor (Ann Dillons guy) was in my area just before I
was.
Thank John and Becca for sending an awesome package to me! I think
it was them anyway. It said it was from knoxville and McCombs but
nothing else. It's a sweet pocket Book of Mormon, with my name stamped
on it and a Canadian Maple Leaf on the Back. And Guess what else!?!?! I
found some Chicken pot pies!!!! other that, my companion and I eat
pretty healthy- fruit smoothies, bird seed and rye chips with humas,
almond milk, copious amounts of water ect. His mom made him eat healthy
before his mission. He also Is a crazy biker- he did a 206 mile bike
ride in 12 hours. We go running in the morning when it's not cold. I
have never had an actual desire to eat healthy before now. The
Scriptures say to in many instances tell us to nourish ourselves with
the good word of God. They Promise that as we do the will of the Father
we "shall know of the Doctrine, whether it be of God or whether I speak
of myself." As we study the scriptures we can know the truth of all
things. We can receive direction in our lives. The scriptures contain
messages that are applicable to all people from all walks of life,
regardless of the times in which we live. It is something that I have
notices concerning the teachings of Christ: The words he spoke to his
disciples and others had special subliminal implications to the Jews
living in that time, but also had broader application to everyone who
would read his words later. In the Gospel of John, the 14th Chapter and
27th verse, Jesus says "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto
you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be
troubled, neither let it be afraid." In Jewish Culture, "Peace be with
you" was a common salutation, which is why the Jesus modified it and
specified that it was different and of greater significance than that
salutation. Not as the world giveth. This phrase gives the
scripture greatest meaning to us, in that it helps us understand that
the peace the gospel brings can exist beyond the circumstances of our
lives. Jesus truly was the Christ, sent from Heavenly Father to save and
redeem ALL MEN. I love you all so much! I pray for you all, that
you will be safe. I pray that Michael, Davis, Parker, and Mckay will
always choose the path the leads to serving a mission. I love you all
and I hope good things are happening in your lives. I can't wait to be
with you all forever!
Love,
Elder Higginson
No comments:
Post a Comment