Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Transferred again

Greetings from Canada. 

So the big news is, we are getting rice-washed out of this place! Rice washing is the equivalent of white washing, or were both missionaries are transferred out of an area and two new missionaries are put in. We call it rice-washing because we're Tagalog and Filipino culture revolves around rice. Go figure.

I'll be going back up to the North Stake, with Elder Henry. The last stint I did up there did not go super well, but I'm optimistic and hope we'll be able to have a really good 6 weeks. 

Now for the update on the work for last week. Basically we rode buses and the Edmonton Light Rail and made our way around to potentials on foot. And we still don't have a car for some reason. But it matereth not, we will be out of here tomorrow. The traveling assistants will be taking over our apartment. Good thing it's in pretty good shape. Dang it, I thought that would have been the last apartment that I would have to clean, but undoubtedly, I'll have to clean another one. But I digress. 

We were able to teach a few people. Denilo said he brought the Book of Mormon to work, but was not able to read it still for some reason. Haha, good start I guess. We were able to also pick up a former who hasn't been taught in several months. He let us in and was really receptive to our reteaching him the restoration. It was really hot in his house and there were distractions, but we did our best and tried to focus in. He agreed to be baptized on the 10th of December if he gets an answer about the Book of Mormon. 

One of the Filipino young men in our stake invited his friend to church this week and he came! But he didn't tell us, so we weren't there, but he wants to come next week as well evidently! This is what I've been praying for since I got here. Some solid member referral that we'd be able to put on a course towards baptism. And it seems to have appeared on the last day of the transfer. The work has really picked up here in the last 6 weeks. We've got 2 people on date and have found 28 new investigators. that is a serious improvement from the work that was happening before. We've talked to tons of people. 1,254 approaches as they've been recorded, which referrers to doors knocked, people approached on the street, bus, whatever - regardless of their response to us trying to share the gospel with them. President wants us to keep track and report all this stuff these days. I've done what I was supposed to do here. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week! I heard that California was exciting. Keep on doing the hard things and keep the commandments!

Love,

Elder Higginson

No comments:

Post a Comment