I said goodbye to some of my best friends in the mission last Wednesday. All the sisters I came out with went home and Also, Elder Barber, Elder Wood and Elder Klinger. I've served around these missionaries for most of my mission and they've been wonderful and stalwart fellow servants. Particularly Elder Barber. He was my Zone Leader when I first got called to be a language missionary over a year ago. He was always there to listen when I needed support, even after I left the area. We saw numerous miracles together. He will be dearly missed.
We had a good week! Monday, Tuesday were sort of a drag and we spent 6 hours on the road on Wednesday, but somehow we've managed to have a killer week! 12 lessons in not even 5 days. 5 new investigators. I've never worked so hard in my life folks. We cut 2 hours and 40 minutes out of our lunch breaks because we had appointments and just loads of people to follow up with. Elder Miller is getting a heck of a lot of experience Finding, Teaching, Planning and hauling boxes out of a flooded basement haha! But I'll get to all that in a bit.
Elder Miller is an obedient son. He's from the Uintah Basin - from a town called Roosevelt, which I believe I've heard of before. Now here's the kicker- He did cross country before his mission, his favorite music is Celtic, Irish and Scottish Folk, and he read the bible all the way through when he was 12. I think we shall hopefully get along well! The other thing that's nice is he is very familiar with Lessons one through five in Preach my Gospel. he's jumped right in and we'll be equally yoked in our teaching in no time!
Now here is the rundown on the work of the ministry: Lyle is doing well, He'll be having his baptismal interview in 3 weeks from tomorrow and baptism 3 days later. He's been experiencing opposition from his grandma and other kin, which he's mostly just frustrated about. He asked for a blessing just after our lesson and I think it helped him. He's a hail fellow well met on most days and we love him. Our other man up in Wabasca, Robert is doing great! We'd only taught him once before but when we came up last Thursday he told us he really felt the spirit when we prayed with him in our previous visit. He prayed about the Book of Mormon this time around, felt the spirit and agreed to be baptized on the 6th of August! Robert was very enthusiastic and seems sincere about all this. I couldn't wipe the smile off Elder Millers face haha! I hope he's not getting an unrealistic expectation for what missionary work is like, because it's booming here right now. Andrew had a good experience with repentance this week. He's been working on getting control of his temper and making good progress. I've honestly never seen the guy mad, but I'm glad to see him coming along. We were able to meet with a lot of our solid investigators this week and they are making good progress.
On Thursday morning we were awakend by a text from President Park. Evidently the basement home of some of our members flooded during the night and we had to go help. 3 hours later most everything was under control. Quite the adventure!
President Manion will be heading out this Friday, which is sad. I'm really going to miss him and his sweet wife. They've been such a great support and I owe them a lot for saving me from my woe and helping me with difficult companions. I'll never be able to repay them for what they've done for me.
I hope you all enjoy your week! Canada Day is this Friday, so enjoy not celebrating that I guess haha. I'll let you know how things are going next week!
Love,


No comments:
Post a Comment