Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Last week's email

(this is stupid, but for some reason this email didn't send last week. Well, here it is I guess. Enjoy)

Howdy one and all! Sounds like everyone had a wild couple of weeks! Congratulations to Aubrey with graduation and going off to school! I can't believe how fast that all happened. Glad there's been a lot of good family time being had. our week was pretty good up here. We taught some good lessons and found a few new people. We saw miracles. 

Our investigators are doing well. We have been averaging about 10 lessons a week this transfer which is not bad at all. Since the missionary training we did with the members, we have received 4 member referrals! that's really good! 2 of those we will likely begin teaching - one is the sister of a recent convert and the other is the grandson of our ward mission leader. We will be capitalising on it shortly! 

I got to go on exchanges with Elder Wood from Wednesday to Thursday. He's only got a couple weeks left in the mission, then he'll be heading home. He just came down from Yellowknife to finish off his last transfer. Big Football player and a great guy. We got invited to go on an impromptu tour of the Ukrainian Orthodox church in Athabasca. It was really cool on the inside. We also ran into a lady whose husband had just been killed a couple weeks before. She was willing to meet so hopefully something good comes of it.

Last night Elder Hunsaker and I were rapping up our nightly planning when we received a text from Carla, one of our Less-Actives. She has been sick a lot for the last couple months and restrained to her bed quite often. She texted and told us that she was in a lot of pain and that she would like a blessing. So we asked President Park to come with us and we all headed over to Carla's house. We came into her bedroom with her boyfriend Andrew there. We have known him for a while and though he has been friendly and nice, he has had no interest in learning about the church. Anyway, so I anointed with oil and Elder Hunsaker acted as voice for the blessing. The spirit was really strong and we all felt it. After the blessing, Carla was crying and thanking us and Andrew was weeping a bit as well. We wondered about that on the way home. We weren't sure if he was just sad for Carla or if he was feeling the spirit or what. But Carla texted us about 30 minutes later and told us that Andrew was "in shock about how he felt during the blessing." The next text read "Andrew is in awe.. he said he felt something powerful.. he's having a hard time understanding what he felt and putting it into words lol...it's awesome." I'll spare you the rest of the texts but it was so cool to see the spirit of the Lord work within this man. This is what missions are about. Blessing the people through diligence and obedience to the commandments. 

Well, I'm short on time. We have an appointment here in a sec so I've got to run. But I am so happy things are going well back home. Family time is the best! I'll look forward to seeing how you are doing next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment