Wednesday, April 6, 2016

All the towns a network of Puddles

Greetings from the Cold and dreary North. A lot has happened since I last emailed. I'll give you a watered down version. 

First about the Town. A large portion of Slave Lake burned to the ground in 2011. Most of it has been rebuilt though. The roads are not very good and there are puddles everywhere. Inconvenient seeing as I punctured the sole of my shoe a week ago. But I've still got a good pair. And I found a sweet leather set in the apartment. The living quarters are sick! my companion and I both have our own bathroom and shower. well furnished and very new apartment. we also have a senior couple in our area!!! They live directly below us.

So about the Couple. The Parks are wonderful and a couple of hard workers! They've been here about 9 months and President Park is branch president. We really enjoy having them here and they feed us every Monday. We basically are also his counselors in the branch, because his real ones live quite a ways away. 

The Branch is small and has an interesting history. Lot of weird stuff in such a small place off in the boonies. That has got a lot to do with the reason that there is a missionary couple serving as leadership here. Should be exiting!

The work here is pretty good. We've got a family that is getting ready to be baptised here. A family of ten. We also have a number of other people who are getting close! but we still need to find a few more investigators so we don't end up with nothing to do after all these people get baptised. We're finding a number of Filipino's so hopefully we'll start teaching them. 

The companion is good. Elder Hunsaker is from Syracuse Utah and went to the high school that is closest to Hill Airforce Base. He's a hard worker and we get along swell. He liked political debate and guns back home. nuf said.

Well I'll be sure to send some pictures here in a bit. We're driving a Chevy Colorado!! Living in this province has caused me to really like trucks. And now we're in one finally. I'll send pictures of just after we cleaned it. It's for sure not clean anymore haha. So many puddles and pot holes everywhere in this town. Anyway, I've got to get going, but I wish you all the best of luck this week! 

Love,
Elder Higginson
 Our sweet ride. It got a bit dirty after this but thank goodness it
rains a lot. I guess.

The town of Slave Lake. Population: about 7,000

Moose on the way up from Edmonton

No comments:

Post a Comment