Greetings from Canada.
It's been a difficult week in the work of the ministry but I believe I am out of the woods. I'm so glad to hear that I have a new cousin, David! I look forward to meeting him. How is Riley already almost done with her mission!?!? And I'll be praying for you dad, and fasting for your surgery
on the 23 of October.
Sa Canada, ang mga Filipino ay mga alipin. Basically no one kept their appointments this week. The work schedule of most Filipino's different from day to day, and many of them are on call. So they are not home when they tell us to come back and they are terrible at answering texts. I feel like I'm wasting a lot of my time, so we've decided to do more finding on foot this week. We've found another dozen people who said we could come back...and they will probably do the same thing to us haha, lame!
However, we do have one progressing Investigator! Jethro is a stud from Bataan (I can't remember if I reported this earlier) and he is keeping commitments. He's read a couple chapters in the Book of Mormon and is very interested in all this. We are bringing a member with us to a lesson tomorrow. We also want to do a church tour with him asap. He works
from 8:00-4:00 on Sundays., which is super lame. I'll keep you updated.
We have been teaching Brother Cristhian the new member lessons and he's the greatest. He went on a date with the sister of the guy who baptized him last week haha! Such wonderful fellowship. She gave him a copy of
"True to the Faith" And he has been highlighting a bunch of stuff in it for like 2 weeks now along with the Book of Mormon. He also signed up to clean the church, which he did on Saturday, and he was able to attend a priesthood meeting
on Sunday night right after work. He is doing so well and is super active!
I was able to meet with Mercedes this week on Saturday!!! It was so good to see her and her fellowshiping friends :) So she and her friend Brena and another guy cooked us a fancy supper and it was a grand time! Mercedes reported that she has finished the Book of Mormon and began reading it again! and she did baptisms for the dead last week as well for the first time! She's precious. I got her a pocket sized hymn book.
Anyway, I'm short on time. If you wish to know how things are in the companionship I would cite you to a separate Email, but I believe the situation is summarized in Philippians
3:13
"Forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for t prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jeus."
Have a wonderful week Everyone!
as always, love
Elder Higginson
No comments:
Post a Comment