Well, a couple days ago I was
planning on writing this email about losing things. I lost my flash
drive this week, with all of the pictures that I have taken thus far,
and a number of talks and discourses. We also went to get in contact
with Grant this week, a guy who we talked with a few weeks back who was
ready for the message and wanted to take the lessons and come to church.
He said come back after Easter because he was going to be in Hawaii for
the holiday. We came back and his wife informed us that he didn't live
there anymore, as of a week prior, nor did he live in Sherwood park at
all. She wouldn't give us a cell number or anything to contact his and
she really didn't want to talk. He seemed so stable, but evidently has
some marital problems. At least we assume. So we lost who we thought
would be our new investigator. Lame depressing stuff.
I
was pretty down cast by all this, and a number of other poor
circumstances when I knelt to pray Saturday night. I recalled something that Truman G. Madsen had said about the Prophet Joseph and his spirit
of constant gratitude- not only for blessings, but for immense trials
and hardships. So I thanked the Lord for my trials, that by which I
might be a partaker of his holiness. Then I remembered that at several
points when I was serving in St. Albert: That sometimes when doors close
in missionary work; other doors open. So I prayed that the Lord would
open some sort of door for us. And it happened Sunday. One of the Young
women in the ward brought her friend to church and she asked us if we
could begin teaching her the lessons. And a recent convert from an
outlying area just moved here and we will begin teaching him the new
member lessons.
I know the lord answers
prayers if we ask not amiss and in humility. My time is far spent, so I
hope this email find you in good heath.
love,
Elder Higginson
No comments:
Post a Comment